Saturday, April 23, 2005

Majestic Bath Art Show



We had the Majestic Bath Show last night. Over all it went pretty well. Majestic Bath is a bath fixtures store. They work in conjunction with Hotel Charlotte, a nice little restaurant a few doors down. I didn't sell anything, but I met some really nice fellow artists. lol Most of the art was abstract or impressionistic, I think I was the only one realist there. There was a portrait artist, is that the same genre as realism or is portraiture in a group by itself? hmmm There was a thunderstorm and high wind warning right in the middle of the show, which I am sure kept many would be visitors away. It was a little disconcerting to see my work displayed next to toilets.. very nice expensive toilets...but still:


Everyone seemed to like the strawberries and crystal. I am entering it a juried show (meaning they can kick it out if they don't like it, and you might win a prize if they keep it ;) ) The winners of last year's show were abstracts for the most part...but we have a different judge this year. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

And I am taking a break from the chickadee and blossoms and working on more gemstones for this weekend's gem and mineral show in Charleston. About to go do the rough drawing for that. Dev has to work this evening. I'm so glad he can dial in from home on the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: