Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Painting the Stairs Part 3

So, after spackling, sanding, priming, re-spackling, re-sanding, it's finally time for the top coat:
Once again, paint every other step.
The papers mark the dry steps.

It was at this point in the project that I lost freakin' my mind.
I think it was the paint fumes. Yea..or maybe that carpet marble dust..

I decided to do the hallway, while I was doing the stairs.  
So, I ripped up the hallway carpet. And the evil hallway carpet strips. And the evil hallway staples.
before

more evil carpet strips!

See the little dots?  those are the evil hallway staples.
spackle then sand again

At this point..I had the brilliant idea of painting the walls in the hallway and stairwell.  Definitely paint fumes.
And then I had the idea of painting the inside of the linen closet. I mean, when else do you get to paint and not worry about spilling anything on the floor.


Chief really wanted to help.
prime, spackle, sand again




After all those side projects...paint the floor.
This is porch paint in Martha Stewart's Sequoia.  
It looks like melted chocolate.
The walls are Martha Stewart's Lunch Bag. 
The trim is just plain old white.