Thursday, June 29, 2006

Daisy Jar 4



Continuing to build up the darks and work on the jar. I'm not sure about the checked cloth at this point.. we'll see where that goes. Still working capture that feeling of light in the daisies and glass. I think I might put this aside for a day or to and work on the next fruit and crystal one...a re-do of a pears and crystal. This time in a larger size for the print people.

I sent off a packet to a gallery in NY that requested some slides and information. I've never really worked with a gallery before, and I hope I sent the right information. I already feel I didn't send enough slides. Funny how just sending information to NY can make me feel like a country bumpkin LOL I'm not really, I grew up right outside Washington, DC and now live in Charlotte (which while not a big city, does hold it's own :)) There just something about "new york gallery" that can strike fear in the heart of an artist! Please keep your fingers crossed for me... maybe they will like my work, even if I didn't have the packet just right.

3 comments:

  1. I can't draw worth a flip, but I love to see the process as an artist's work progresses. It's fascinating. And your finished works are so beautiful, too.


    I’d like to invite you to join our new, family friendly BLOG VILLAGE TopList. I think your blog would be a great addition.

    You can find out more about it at Blog Village blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, your work is beautiful and they will love it. Last year I was asked to do a big commission and I was so nervous. But it turned out well. Good luck to you and let us know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful work!! Just signed up for your list.

    ReplyDelete

Comment here: